During this level 1 freediving course you will discover inward power, discipline and control. If you have always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
PADI Freediver Course Prerequisites:
- To enroll in this course you must be at least 15 years old. If you are not check out the PADI Basic Freediver Course. You need basic swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Level 1 Freediving Course Content:
- Complete PADI Freediver E-learning (Physics, physiology, equipment, freediving skills, open water environment, aquatic life, and safe freediving practices.)
- Proper breathing, relaxing, and stretching techniques.
- 1 Confined water session: Static apnea & dynamic apnea skills, role of a safety diver, and rescue techniques.
- 2 Open water sessions: Free immersion (using a line to pull yourself down and up), constant weight (duck dive and swim down and up), role of a safety diver, and rescue techniques
Duration: 2 Days